APH Heating Keeps You Safe
The Gas Safe Register Is the official register for Gas Safety. The Gas Safe Register qualifies engineers to work safely and legally on boilers, cookers, fires and all other gas appliances. It keeps the nation safe.
What does Gas Safe Register do?
The main focus of the Register is on improving and maintaining gas safety to the highest standards. We make sure all gas engineers on the Register, over 125,000, are qualified to work with gas.
We work to protect the public from unsafe gas work through;
- a dedicated national investigations team tracking down individuals working illegally
- regular inspections of Gas Safe registered engineers
- educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
- investigating reports of unsafe gas work
Gas Safe Register is here to help keep you and your family safe.
APH Heating are fully registered to undertake all types of gas work. All our engineers carry an ID card and you are recommended to request to see it.
What do I need to check on the Gas Safe ID card?
The card is there for your protection. Make sure that you check the front and the back of the card.
Check the front of the card for:
- The photo
- The start date and expiry date
- The licence number
- The security hologram
- The engineer is from the business you employed
Check the back of the card to make sure:
- Your engineer is qualified to do the gas work you want done e.g. cooker, boiler, gas fire
- Their qualifications are up to date
You can also check that your engineer is Gas Safe registered by calling Gas Safe Register on 0800 408 5500, using our check an engineer service online or by texting Gas then the engineer licence number to 85080. Please note: Your provider may charge a standard network charge to use this text service.
If you suspect a gas fitter is illegal you can call Gas Safe Register on 0800 408 5500 and report them or use our online report an illegal gas fitter service.